The people living in independent houses or group housing societies in Chandigarh can now be relieved from the headache of paying a huge amount on electricity bills, as the Chandigarh Government has unveiled an attractive subsidy program to offer upto 40% capital subsidy to them for installing rooftop solar power plants.
Currently, the Government of India is offering up to 40% subsidy for the installation of solar rooftop power plants of up to 3 KW capacity and 20% subsidy is being offered for solar power plants of more than 3 KW to 10 KW capacity.
In addition, Group Housing Societies are offered a subsidy of up to 20% for the installation of up to 500 KW rooftop solar power plants.
In compliance to this subsidy offerings, Chandigarh has a target to generate 69 MW in solar power generation by 2022, and therefore, the Chandigarh Renewal Energy and Science & Technology Promotion Society(CREST) is enrolling various solar power vendors in the city to install the Rooftop Solar Power Plants in residential and government buildings in Chandigarh.
The beneficiaries, who are interested in availing the subsidy for installing SPV power plants on their rooftops, are mandatory to get them installed only through one of these agencies associated with CREST.
Fortunately, ‘Oakridge Energy’, India’s leading solar rooftop company with over 1,000 clients across 6 states has been selected as one of the empaneled agencies of the CREST. So, if you’re planning to install rooftop solar power plants in Chandigarh, our team of expert technicians can help you with in-depth knowledge of the SPV power plant along with the hassle-free installation of the same.
Things to Know Before You Install SPV Power Plant in Chandigarh
- The solar rooftop system comes up with the panels that are installed on the roof of the buildings. They can be of two types – Solar Rooftop System with Storage Facility with battery and without battery.
- In the Grid Connected System, the SPV panel generates the Direct Current which is converted to the AC power by the inverters or power conditioners. This power is then fed to the phase lines based on the system capacity.
- Using the rooftop solar power plant in Chandigarh, you can save up to 80% of your money spent on electricity bills.
- The billing process in the solar system is done based on two methods – Gross Metering & Net Metering.
- In the Gross Metering, the total energy is injected into the grid without first letting the consumer avail the generated solar energy.
- Whereas, in the Net Metering, the consumers can first utilize the energy for their self-consumption and then inject the remaining energy to the grid.
If you are looking forward to knowing more about the Solar Power Plant Installation Process in Chandigarh and wish to have the financial advice on the same, please contact us on +91-8800870706 or leave us a message on +91-7303657804.