Let’s understand the Solar Panel Policy in Haryana even better with the below statistics.
The State Government has made it mandated installationof solar power plant of 3-5% of connected load for –
- All residential buildings built on an area of 500 Sq. yards and above.
- All government & private institutes, schools, colleges, hostels, vocational or technical educational institutes, universities or offices having load of 30 KW or more,
- All private hospitals, nursing homes, industries, hotels, motels, banquet or party halls, malls, tourism complexes and other commercial buildings having connected load of 50 Kilo Watt (KW) and above.
- All new Housing Complexes, developed by Group Housing Societies, Builders, Housing Boards, on a plot size of 0.5 Acre and more.
- All water lifting stations developed by Irrigation Department.
If the users covered under the conditions as mentioned above, does not install the solar rooftop power plant, then, they will have to bear the penalty as per government rules and regulations.
However, the people who want to install solar rooftop would need not to take any permission from the building plan sanctioning authority to setup the rooftop solar power plants.
They will be exempted from paying the additional costs of Electricity taxes, cess, electricity duty, wheeling charges, cross subsidy charges, transmission and distribution charges.
Further requirements are as follows –
1. Net Metering Policy
|Required Size of Solar System||Less than or equals to 2 MW (with at least 25% battery storage that can deliver energy for upto 2 hours)|
|Load Capacity||100% of Sanctioned Load|
|Cumulative Capacity of All Solar Systems in Area||Should be below 50% of Local Distribution Transformer’s Capacity|
|Required Area Size to Setup SRT Plant||About 9 square yards of shadow free rooftop space is required to set up 1 KW solar plant.|
|Ownership of SRT Plant||Self-Ownership wherein the users would pay total of the system to the system integration agencyor organization.|
2. Haryana Subsidy Policy Applicable for Only Residential Buildings
The Government of India offers subsidy through the PHASE 2 program – SRISTI), according to which, the users will be provided a financial assistance by the central government for installation of solar panels on the roof tops to generate electricity power at lower costs.
Furthermore, if the residents follow the State Electricity Regulations (SERC) for generating power according to their personal needs, they will be offered with additional benefits. The beneficiaries belonging to a residential sector generating 18,000 KW at the rate of Rs. 60,000 KW will be offered with a fascinating incentive.
To make the people understand the subsidy offerings in a better way, the Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) has divided it into 3 parts – A, B & C.
|Part A (25KW – 500KW)||Part B (25KW – 500KW)||Part C (Upto 25KW)|
|17070/- per KW||5.23/- per KWHr||17400/- per KW|
3. Financial Assistance for Commercial & Industrial Buildings
- 40% Accelerated Depreciation
- Custom Duty concessions and Excise Duty Exemptions on solar equipment
- 10-year Tax holiday on solar projects
4. Loan Availability
- For Residential Sectors – Loan of up to Rs. 10 lacs available.
- For Commercial & Industrial Sectors – Loan of up to Rs. 15 Crore available.
Oakridge would facilitate loans and also provide direct financing for qualified solar rooftop installers.