The state government of Uttar Pradesh will offer a Central Financial Assistance of 30% of the total cost or Rs. 24 per watt or Rs. 2.4 crore per MWp under the Grid Connected Rooftop installed on following buildings –
- All types of residential buildings
- All Schools, educational institutes, health institutions, hospitals, nursing homes, colleges, universities and etc.
- All welfare homes, orphanages, common service centres, social communities common workshops for artisans or craftsman, NGOs, voluntary organization, training institutions or any other public places.
However, for residential buildings requiring installations greater than 10kW would be required to take approval from State Electricity Inspector.They will be exempted from wheeling and cross subsidy surcharge.
On the other hand, the exemptions for commercial and industrial buildings are as follows –
For Commercial Buildings
- Wheeling & cross subsidy surcharge
- Electricity duty for 10 years.
For Industrial Buildings
- Wheeling & cross subsidy surcharge.
- Interstate sale of solar power would be exempted from any cross-subsidy surcharge.
- The land ceiling of 5.058 hectare for setting up of solar power plants.
- Stamp duty.
- Electricity duty for at least next 10 year.
- 100% waiver on transmission charges outside the states.
Further requirements are as follows –
1. Net Metering Policy
|Required Size of the Solar System||Min. 1 KWp to Max. 2 MWp|
|Voltage Levels||Single Phase – Max. 5KWp|
Three Phase – Min. 5 to Max. 50 KWp
6.6/11 kV – Min. 50 to Max. 2000 KW
11/33/66 kV –Min. 2 MW to Max. 5MW
|Load Capacity||100% of Sanctioned Load|
|Cumulative Capacity of All Solar Systems in Area||Should not exceed beyond 75% of Local Distribution Transformer’s Capacity|
|Ownership||Self-ownership – Users will pay total cost of system to system integrating agency.|
Third-party ownership – Users won’t have to pay the entire cost of the system, but only the cost of energy on per unit basis.
2. Haryana Subsidy Policy Applicable for Residential& Industrial Buildings
The Government of India offers subsidy through the PHASE 2 program – SRISTI), according to which, the users will be provided a financial assistance by the central government for installation of solar panels on the roof tops to generate electricity power at lower costs.
Furthermore, if the residents follow the State Electricity Regulations (SERC) for generating power according to their personal needs, they will be offered with additional benefits. The beneficiaries belonging to a residential sector generating 18,000 KW at the rate of Rs. 60,000 KW will be offered with a fascinating incentive.
To make the people understand the subsidy offerings in a better way, the Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) has divided it into 3 parts – A, B & C.
|Part A (25KW – 500KW)||Part B (25KW – 500KW)||Part C (Upto 25KW)|
|17070/- per KW||5.23/- per KWHr||17400/- per KW|
3. Financial Assistance for Commercial & Industrial Buildings
- 40% Accelerated Depreciation
- Custom Duty concessions and Excise Duty Exemptions on solar equipment
- 10-year Tax holiday on solar projects
4. Loan Availability
- For Residential Sectors – Loan of up to Rs. 10 lacs available.
- For Commercial & Industrial Sectors – Loan of up to Rs. 15 Crore available.
Oakridge would facilitate loans and also provide direct financing for qualified solar rooftop installers.